From beachy locales to urban highrises, there are numerous luxury senior apartment rentals available for today’s discerning older adults. This upscale living experience provides resort-style amenities and services similar to those of a five-star hotel, all for an inclusive monthly fee that simplifies daily life. Learn more about the advantages of luxury retirement and why it could be the right choice for you.
The Appeal of Luxury Senior Living
The New York Times reports an influx in the development of luxury senior communities, driven by the large number of wealthy baby boomers seeking an opulent retirement experience. And why not? Luxury senior living offers more than the standard retirement community. Advantages include being in a prime location — near a beach or vibrant downtown area — providing the much sought-after flexibility to customize an independent living or assisted living lifestyle, and last but not least, providing premium services and amenities that elevate everyday living.
Luxury Amenities and Services
From fine-dining restaurants, spas, and salons to state-of-the-art fitness centers, high-end amenities abound in this luxury community. Additional services such as housekeeping, laundry, and maintenance remove the responsibility of everyday chores from your to-do list. This gives you more time to indulge in your hobbies, interact with fellow residents at vibrant social events, or lounge in the heated pool.
Interior Design and Comfort
While the idea of downsizing from your long-term home might make you feel a little apprehensive, rest assured, moving to a luxury senior rental apartment means you’ll enjoy all the comforts of home as well as an upgrade to convenience and sophistication. On-site rental apartments are designed with modern floor plans, appliances, and sophisticated finishes. You are encouraged to elevate the design to match your aesthetic. Many residents hire an interior designer to decorate their apartments.
Personalized Care and Assistance
Resort-style living is wonderful to experience, but you also want peace of mind that your community offers a suite of general assistance and health services that cater to your evolving needs. A luxury senior living community can provide:
- Concierge services. Similar to a hotel’s concierge service, contact this team for general assistance and scheduling transportation.
- Personal care services. A personal assistant can help manage your calendar, remind you to take medications, cook, clean, and more.
- Assisted living services. An empathetic caregiver can assist you with day-to-day tasks such as dressing, bathing, grooming, and eating. Assisted living companions can also join you in community activities so you have support, but can still maintain your independence.
- Memory care services. For those individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or other dementia-related conditions memory care services provide separate housing with around-the-clock care and supervision.
- Onsite health center services. Many senior communities have on-site health centers where you can access skilled nursing services, short-term to long-term care, rehabilitation, and physical and occupational therapy.
Navigating Costs and Contracts
When considering a move to a luxury apartment in a senior living community, conduct thorough research and review all the details. What is the duration of the lease? What services and amenities will you have access to? What type of healthcare services are provided? What is the fee for those services? Always check the fine print and ask questions to gain an accurate understanding of what life will be like at a senior living community.
Discover a New Oasis at Abbey Delray
Searching for a luxury senior living community in Florida that will elevate your retirement experience from the ordinary? Your new home at Abbey Delray awaits. We offer premium services and amenities that elevate luxury and convenience to the next level. Contact us to learn more.