If you’re reading this, it likely means you are looking for a place to spend your retirement years. And what better place to spend them than a continuing care retirement community? If your search for a senior living community has not yet provided you with an understanding of what a CCRC is and how it may differ from your average retirement community, we can enlighten you on the many benefits of making yourself at home as a retiree in a CCRC.
What is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC)?
If you’ve never heard of a CCRC, you may know it by another name: a Life Care community. As the name suggests, a Life Care community provides care for life. Residents are invited to take advantage of the various services and amenities offered as part of the independent living experience, living comfortably in the knowledge that health services are also in place within the community should they ever need them. No one knows what the future holds, but Life Care communities ensure you are prepared for whatever life throws your way.
Types of Life Care Contracts
To live in a Life Care community, there is an application process. Once your application is approved, you’ll sign a contract. This Life Care contract will give you a rundown of the financial and nonfinancial obligations that come with being a resident, in addition to outlining all of the services and amenities that will be made available to you.
But not every Life Care contract is the same. Far from it, actually. If you are unfamiliar with Life Care contracts, you must first understand that there are three different types:
- Type A. A Type A contract entitles the signee to access the additional levels of health care provided within the community for little to no change in the monthly fee. As a result, this cost is baked into the entrance or monthly fees, making Type A contracts the most comprehensive, but also the most expensive.
- Type B. Compared to the unlimited access of a Type A contract, Type B provides the signee with access to health services at a discounted rate or for a set period of time.
- Type C. A Type C contract ensures that the signee receives all of the residential services and amenities, excluding additional levels of care, which would be charged at fee-for-service full market rates, when needed.
Discover Abbey Delray’s Exceptional Health Services
Abbey Delray boasts one of the top-ranked senior health centers in the country according to U.S. News & World Report. Our commitment to providing first-class health services to our residents is represented in our recent expansion, which brought a new assisted living and memory care building and a fitness center and spa to our community. Regardless of what additional level of care might be required, a personalized plan is developed for each resident to support his or her health and well-being and empower them to maximize their independence.
- Assisted living is available in all-new private suites designed specifically to serve the needs of residents who require assistance with the activities of daily life.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care is available for residents who are recovering from an illness or injury and need compassionate support from a trained professional.
- Memory care is available in a brand new on-campus wing, complete with specially designed memory care activities designed to encourage engagement.
- Residents in need of restorative therapy after an illness, injury or surgery can take advantage of the services provided in our community’s senior rehabilitation center.
Life Care is about providing a full continuum of care, and Abbey Delray certainly fits the bill with a vast array of health services designed to keep our residents active and engaged.
Abbey Delray’s Life Care community offers Type A contracts, so residents are ensured access to all of the on-site health services our community has to offer. The entrance fee will prepay a portion of the cost of the additional levels of health care and ensure priority access. Our health center’s skilled nursing and rehabilitation services can also accommodate patients from outside the community on a direct-entry basis, without an entrance fee.
The most important thing is that Abbey Delray can support your health and well-being now and into the future, all within the comfort and convenience of one friendly community. No matter what the future holds, you’ll be prepared for it as a member of our Life Care community.
If you think our Life Care community is the right fit for you, let’s chat! Fill out the form below or call 561-454-2000.